Thursday, October 8, 2015

#Freeform

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-abc-family-changing-name-20151006-story.html

      Family Channel, now known as ABC Family, has been around since 1977 when it was first founded by evangelist Pat Robertson. This channel was first used for religious programming, but was then bought out by Fox Kids in 1998, and was later renamed Fox Family Channel. In 2001, when Disney bought out the network. . . yes again, executives were told to keep the word "family" in it's title, hence why it's now known as ABC Family. Well now guess what ? It's undergoing yet another name change. Starting January or 2016, Abc Family will now be known as wait for it . . . FREEFORM! As someone who enjoys watching a lot of there shows, I'm not so fond of this new name change. I was quite sad to hear they were going to change their name, like WHY??!! I have a feeling they might lose some ratings because I'm going to be quite honest, I think the new name is pretty dumb. . .like really Freeform? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN .-. ? I'm actually wondering who out there is going to like the new change and I wonder if their ratings will go down? I don't know, but I for one will miss the old name.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think they will lose ratings because of the name change, I think the ratings are going to stay the same, although I'm not a big fan of the new name either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they were better off keeping ABC Family. It gives off a more family friendly vibe than Freeform does. I agree in the company possible losing ratings because viewers won't know the channel as Freeform and will most likely change the channel.

    ReplyDelete