Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pacific Rim 2. . . . ?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45533

Hmmm. . . . " As far as i'm concerned, Pacific Rim 2 is not cancelled, just postponed," Del Toro tells Variety. Pacific Rim 2 , said to be coming out August 4, 2017, has been officially hiked from it's release schedule, and certainly wont be coming out anytime soon. Del Toro also mentions that they will be setting a budget and a screenplay together, and then will be presenting it to Universal and Legendary and they will have the final saying in it.
        When I came across this article I , to be quite honest, found it a bit sad, because the first one was pretty great and when they said there would be another I got really excited. But now that they basically back-tracked in the making of this film, I don't know if I'm even that excited anymore? 
        This pretty much shows how sometimes the making of films don't necessarily always go as planned. Sometimes things just happen and the production of a film has to be delayed due to reasons that aren't really expected. Which causes me to think about how many films have been delayed and what causes can lead to a film being delayed? And well how much longer must we wait for this movie to come out because I really want to see how they are able to top the first one.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the first Pacific Rim was great and need to give us at least a year or month that it will be released. If the first one was about monsters from another world I can't imagine what the next will be about.

    ReplyDelete